Maggie

Maggie
The Aspiring Profi Frau

Send me pictures of your projects

I would love to post pictures of your projects and the clever things you do. Send me an email with a picture attached and maybe a little bit of background about your project.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quilting

Goin' Fishing
I'm really excited about my new proposed hobby. Quilting. I've got some scraps lying around and wanted to make them into something fabulous. This is my solution. My mom gave me some great websites to get some free patterns. In fact, if you click on the picture of this quilt, it will bring up a free pattern. My favorite so far is www.freepatterns.com.
I found two quilts there that I like the look of, so we'll see how it comes out. I'm trying to decide right now if I should browse a little longer or get started on one of these quilts that I've picked out.

Here are some of the other sites to find free quilt patterns.
www.northcott.com
www.simplequiltpattern.com
www.mccallsquilting.com

Happy quilting.Frolic Block Suggested Layout

2 comments:

MBurt said...

Okay, here's my suggestion. The other day I was looking for a cute bedspread for a twin bed that will work for Talmage when he moves to one. I didn't care for the spiderman themes or the army decor or the stripes for that matter and I actually considered making it myself. Now, although this isn't urgent I would suggest, if you are making one anyway, why not make one to fit a twin or toddler bed for Gracies future room. Bragging rights if you ask me!

Maggie said...

Rin, totally my plan. Thanks for the idea though. I think I might make a few quilt blocks for practice and then start on the real thing. I like some of the colors of the scraps I have so I was thinking of seeing how many blocks I can make with those. If I don't have enough, I think I'll make a wall hanging, some throw pillows, or a doll blanket.