Maggie

Maggie
The Aspiring Profi Frau

Send me pictures of your projects

I would love to post pictures of your projects and the clever things you do. Send me an email with a picture attached and maybe a little bit of background about your project.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Famous Breadsticks

I went to a party not too long ago and brought my mom's famous breadsticks. They were a hit. Here is the recipe.

Famous Breadsticks
1 1/2 c. hot water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 heaping Tbsp. yeast
3 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. melted butter

1. Combine hot water and sugar. Cool until just warm and add yeast.
2. Add flour and salt and mix and knead for 3 min. Let rest 10 min.
3. Add more flour to form a soft dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1" strips.
4. Twist each strip and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with salad supreme (McCormick makes it) or parmesan.
5. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
6. Enjoy

If I came out victorious, anyone can. I am seriously intimidated by making bread but they turned out great (If I do say so myself).

2 comments:

phyllip/shalyse said...

Yes, great they were! Thanks for posting!

Martha said...

I went out on a huge limb and tried these and they turned out great! They looked not so good because I was awkward picking up and twisting the dough. Thanks for the recipe!