Maggie

Maggie
The Aspiring Profi Frau

Send me pictures of your projects

I would love to post pictures of your projects and the clever things you do. Send me an email with a picture attached and maybe a little bit of background about your project.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Progress

Well, I had a busy weekend. With Justin gone for a few days, I hunkered down and started my new hobby- Quilting. I finished my first quilting block on Wednesday, my second Thursday, and my third on Friday. I also used some of the scraps to start making a doll quilt for my little girl.

My grandma told me that her mother used to call pieced quilts "idiot quilts" because only an idiot would cut up fabric just to sew it back together. It was a little tedious, but I liked figuring it all out and it was easier than I expected. I guess I only have 9 more blocks to make if I want a full quilt. These are made from scraps, so I guess I'll just keep going until I run out of scraps and see where it gets me.

2 comments:

Krista said...

excellent job mag. You'll have to show me it when we come down for the retreat. I want to make a quilt someday too.

Flori said...

Grandma quotes are the best. I felt like an idiot last year making a postage stamp quilt for Bea, with patches 1" x 1"--but now I feel like a QUEEN when I see the beautiful quilt on her crib. It's so worth it!