Maggie

Maggie
The Aspiring Profi Frau

Send me pictures of your projects

I would love to post pictures of your projects and the clever things you do. Send me an email with a picture attached and maybe a little bit of background about your project.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Volcano Lovers


Molten Lava Cake

Ingredients:
pecans and coconut
cake mix
eggs and oil (as specified on cake mix)
cream cheese
butter
powdered sugar

Directions:
Sprinkle bottom of a 9x13 cake pan with about 1/4 c. coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans
Prepare any kind of chocolate cake mix according to box directions and pour over pecans and coconut.
Melt 1 cube butter and 1 8oz. package cream cheese together in microwave. Mix in 2 cups powdered sugar.
Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate layer. bake according to cake directions. (I've found that the cake takes 10-15 minutes past the lowest baking time, but I like to start checking earlier just to be safe). Just keep your eye on the cake and try not to take it out too soon.

* We really like this cake, and it has a little bit of a fancier feel than just a regular cake. Justin likes it best cold, I don't know yet how I like it best.

No comments: